1. Is there a cost to attend the Exercise Is Medicine Clinic appointment?
No, the Exercise Is Medicine appointments, in consultation with a Cardiologist and a Registered Kinesiololgist, are covered by us, at no cost to you!
2. I know I need to exercise, but I don't know what I need to do!
In your Exercise Is Medicine appointments, we will explore options to help you improve your fitness, develop realistic goals and offer guidance to support you in making some positive lifestyle changes for your heart health! We will provide you with the tips and tools, including a take-home F.I.T.T. exercise prescription, that you can start to do right away!
3. What happens after my Exercise Medicine Clinic Intake appointment?
Additional Exercise Medicine appointments will be recommended for you in 4-6 weeks, with ongoing follow up as required. You are encouraged to bring your exercise logs, medication list and any questions you have to your next visit.
4. I am concerned I am not fit enough. Do you offer something for me?
Yes! Together we will personalize your home fitness program, so that it is safe and effective for you! We will help you work towards your individual needs and goals that you can do on your own.
5. I have arthritis and exercise is painful for me. What can I do?
We offer a Heart Fitness Aqua session in a warm water pool. We will help you improve your mobility, enjoy exercising at your own pace and reduce the effects of your chronic condition.
6. Can a spouse or family member join the Exercise Medicine Clinics with me?
Absolutely! A heart fit family benefits everyone! It is important to support and encourage one another.